Friday, January 8, 2010

In preparation...

* Work has been given my schedule.
* Freezer will be cleaned out to make room for popsicles.
* Hair appointment will be made -- I still need to figure out if I want to try to do it the day after with the possibility of cancelling or two days after or three.
* Wig questions have been emailed.

I am told that I can bring in my laptop, movies, popsicles, food, books, knitting, friends...whatever! I didn't know about the laptop, so that's really very nice. For the first session, I think I may finally finish up the 'John Adams' mini-series of which I still have DVD 2 and 3. Then I can get other movies on my Netflix queue to bring in for the other sessions. I should actually see what I have on there!

I just bought the pattern for one of the hats that I plan to make...I actually started another last night because it's a test knit and I think that it has a deadline. I'm really enjoying the yarn I'm using...it's 100% wool, but it feels like I'm knitting with cotton! A sweater may be in order. I also have some luscious new yarn of a wool/alpaca blend that needs to become a hat, I think...but I just don't know which hat!

They left a little bit of stitching in one of my incisions and, per the Radiation Oncologist's instructions, I tried pulling it out last night, but it started bleeding so I stopped. A call has been made to the Surgeon and I'm waiting for her to give me a call back. I guess worse comes to worse, I can ask a doctor friend this weekend, but I don't know that he needs to see my boob ;).

No email back from Eharmony guy...which is kind of a shame since we had a lot in common and he seemed very friendly. Maybe he's just busy...or maybe he lost interest. Figures.

I am cramming recit into my head as quickly as I can...I'm stuck on a few places and I'm not entirely sure why. I have part of one recit to finish memorizing and then another to memorize before tomorrow's rehearsal...gaah!

I spent a little bit of today calling the billing center at the hospital and then my insurance company...apparently I AM responsible for the $1200+ bill from the hospital as I have a $1500 deductible on my plan. Ok, ew. However, I have a ChoiceCare card that I -think- takes care of it...and I don't end up having to pay it? I think I should research this a little more.

And...I got some music in the mail! Music I ordered in October...music I have wanted for a LONG time! Granted, it's in that 'manuscript' handwriting, so I need to bring it into some coaches to see if it's something that they don't mind playing, but yay! I may try to practice tonight and play with it to see if it fits! Comedic English Aria!! That no one else sings!!! Right up my alley!

AND, I have another wig consultation back at Salon 10 on Saturday the 16th after rehearsal. Anyone want to come with me? I think only one other can come as it's a very small room, but I'd love the company.

1 comment: