Friday, January 8, 2010

I guess it's a problem being young.

On one of the boards I'm on, people are trying to be helpful, I know, but I don't know if it's a difference of age (these women are considerably older than I) or of lifestyle, but I don't know that some of them get that the point of me getting a wig isn't just to have 'hair'. It's to feel more like myself.

I am not a hat person. I am not a turban person. However, I am aware that I may need to become one at least briefly.

Basically, These have been recommended to me. The thing is, I don't usually wear hats or kerchiefs. For that amount of money, I'd rather put it towards a nice wig or...I don't know. I think having Ben Franklin hair under an uncharacteristic hat...unstyled and just hanging there is not me. These women don't know who I am aside from the few statements I've made on the board so I can't really fault them. I feel bad when I say 'Thanks, but I'm going a different route for this', like I'm insulting them, but I'm trying to tell myself that while it may be one thing for them, it's something else for me.

I also think that the gap in age makes a big difference. Probably the lifestyle does as well.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting site, but the only option I see making any sense for you is the one where they'll make something custom using your own hair. That's a very cool idea. Other than that, I just don't see these having an appeal for you! They're not your style.

    You're right, it's an issue of the ladies not knowing you IRL.

    ReplyDelete