Saturday, January 30, 2010

Countdown to Chemo #2

That will be next Wednesday and Angeliki and maybe Rebecca will be joining me. I will be teaching them to knit hats...at least, that's the plan! I need to make sure that I have stuff for the next few days, but I have the anti-nausea pills, broth from the first time, saltines, and a couple of bottles of Izze's Ginger Ale (I think) so I might be ok. I'm hoping that if anything, it will be a repeat of the last time without dealing with the surgery and having to go back to the hospital again that Friday. I'm not looking forward to the ache from the Nulasta shot, but I do have it to give to myself (or for Beth to help give it to me the next day!).

I know not to do too much on the Saturday after -- I'm meeting someone for some light yarn shopping and then I have rehearsal, but that's it! No trek to IKEA and no quest for furniture all over Boston! I will also have rehearsal on Sunday, but if I'm feeling shaky, people from the cast have agreed to drive me to and from and worse comes to worse, I sit and sing. I'm hoping that if I take it much easier on Saturday, I won't have that Sunday shakiness. I guess my hair should start falling out in the next week or so...I'm not really looking forward to that.

Today was rehearsal, some shopping, and then dinner with Dan and Terri. I had a lovely time! I did decide to come home and just relax as, well, I'm kind of tired! I do get to sleep in some more tomorrow before making a quick run to KickAss Cupcakes for a cupcake unveiling and then a voice lesson.

I'm hoping that this Wednesday is a bit easier -- again, no port insertion (it's feeling better *knock wood* by the way) and I should have more time at home to rest before going to rehearsal. I still have memorization to do, but I worked on it some more today and will also sit with score in hand tomorrow (Sunday) for a bit. At least, that's the plan.

I picked up Maggie's box today -- they put the ashes in a lovely, sealed, wood box with a plaque. She's now on the shelf next to Beau. Jack spent a good deal of the evening on my lap (!!!) and is currently sitting next to me on the sofa. Sad kitty :(.

That's pretty much all in my stream of consciousness right now. I decided to finally start knitting a hat for a friend's mom who has been battling this for a few years now...I finished a hat for myself last night and thought it was so cute and such a quick knit, she needed one too.

2 comments:

  1. Will you post a pic of the hat?? Sounds like you have a great plan! Love you and will see you in less than 2 weeks! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you are just an amazing woman and everyday with every post your strength grows, I am not going to lie that with seeing your strength and perserverence(yes we know I can't spell) it has spilled over to my life and is making me a stronger person.
    I love you
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete