Saturday, February 20, 2010

Well, yay!

So tonight's show went really well! I felt I sang well...everyone sang well...hooray! It probably didn't hurt that I slept in until 11:30am and sort of took it easy today even though I went around town with Deborah, Bill, and my dad. I did nap on Friday which helped...it was interesting though when I was talking to Deborah and said that I was tired and I didn't like it. She said 'I bet you don't like it. You're never tired!' I guess that's it. I'm never really tired...not like I have been. So yeah. My sister sort of hit the nail on the head.

But anyways, I am SO glad that the show went well tonight (we were videotaping it!) and I am SO relieved that my voice behaved (I have no clue what happened last weekend and Thursday!) and I'm kind of relieved that it's done. I loved the experience, I loved doing the show, I loved working with everyone, but I'm glad that I don't have that pressure now. Sure, I have other shows and other music to learn, but this was a HUGE role and a HUGE responsibility and I loved it...but I'm glad I get a little bit of a break now.

That said, I am not looking forward to Monday's treatment. I'm tired of them already...I'm tired of the side effects, I'm tired of having to eat all the time or I'll get sick; I'm not a huge eater in general and it's really frustrating to have to have snacks all around me or I feel like crap. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow or Monday to get some more stuff as I don't have too many 'snack-like' things and I'm running out of Saltines. I don't know if my tastes have changed other than the fact that I'm not really craving sweets right now. I have a ton of candy and I really just don't want to eat it. Chicken has also been tasting really good of late, as have veggies. But other than that, I sort of don't want to eat too much, but I'm trying to remember to do so no matter what. I need to be better about it day 4 and 5 after each treatment because I think I lapse on those days and it does make a difference. I also need to ask the doctor on Monday about not taking some of the anti-nausea pills because, well, ick. I don't like the 'crash' from the steroids, especially when I am going to have rehearsal or work.

I guess I need to start my Wagner stuff...listen to it or play through it, hopefully next Thursday or Friday. Yeah, I think I'm going to miss 'Cosi'.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS and I am so happy for you that it went well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete