Friday, February 12, 2010

So, keep your fingers crossed

...that I can get this gunk off of my cords just fine this evening!!! Gaah! I'm sucking down tea as I write!

So, anyways, I heard back from the shelter and Mama Soleil may not work out as she's also a very dominant personality and may not be too keen on a kitty like Jack. There are a couple other options and I can always wait a little longer too. There's a Petsmart Adoption weekend this weekend and I'm wondering if I dare to go look tomorrow with my family.

My head hurts less today...maybe that's a good thing? I dunno, but hair is still falling out :(. I'm wearing another hat since I need to shower when I go home anyhow.

I don't know if I said this before or not, but I don't really think that it's correct for me to say, when/if people ask, that 'I have cancer'. Technically, it's gone. It was cut out with the lumpectomy and there is nothing left. This is really preventative. I've been saying 'I started chemo' which sort of seems to have the same effect and is more accurate.

I'm also getting kind of pissed off at some of the ladies on the 'Knitters with Breast Cancer' board over on Ravelry. They're very wrapped up in themselves and most are at least 15-20 years older than I am and obviously have different views on things. I actually got chastized when I told one of the women who was starting how I felt after the 'steroid crash' from the Decadron and how this go-round, I decided not to take the Decadron for as long. Heck, the prescriptions were given to me on an 'as needed' basis and while there is a schedule, I don't think that I absolutely have to follow it...I mean, even the nurses said I could end some of the pills early if I wanted to! But these ladies are all 'Check with your doctor! Don't do that! Blah blah blah!' which, I'm sorry, I don't have the time or desire to languish in feeling crappy...which is what happened with that crash! I hated it! At least this time, it wasn't so intense. These ladies are also very reliant on their anti-anxiety medications which, thus far, I have refused to take. I have a prescription but I haven't filled it and I don't intend to. I'm really tempted to just leave the group because I'm finding that they're really not terribly helpful to me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, "I'm going through chemo" is the, well, more positive way to view things. For what it's worth, I support that 100%! And from reading this blog, it sounds exactly like how you're tackling things.
    As for the meds, I agree - take your nurses'/doctors' advice. If that means it's OK to taper off or end some, then do it. (Just fyi -make sure you know of any withdrawal side effects.) And it sounds like you're right about that ravelry group - you've given them a shot, but they're not the best match for you.

    Which is all just to say that you are AWESOME!!! (Just in case you hadn't heard it recently!) :-)

    ReplyDelete