Saturday, February 13, 2010

Well, I did it.

I got my head shaved today. The falling out was upsetting me so much that I knew I had to do it. So, I called the salon and after meeting Liddy (my sister) and Holly at Davis, my mom and I got some breakfast and we all went down to Newbury Street and shopped. I ended up getting some nice things at Second Time Around (consignment shop) which included a fawn-colored corduroy skirt and a chocolate brown velvet jacket. I also got a new MAC lipstick that I lost. My sister bought me a Jake Scully figurine to take to work and at 5:15 we went to the salon. Holly ended up getting her hair cut as well so she met us afterwards.

I have to say, Salon 10 on Newbury and Patricia Wrixon, the owner, is pretty amazing. I gave her a pair of beaded, fingerless mitts that I made and I think she was rather touched. She was great...she shaved my head then washed my head, and refitted and reset my wig. We then got cupcakes and went home to order dinner in.

I'm hoping that I can get my wig to fit tomorrow for the show...I asked Patricia and she suggested making the straps on the inside smaller which I'll do. I found a needle and thread and will get there a little early to do that. I need to do that as well for the auburn (Titian?) wig.

I'm not going to say that this was easy. It was and still is really hard and I refused to look at myself in the mirror with a shaved head even though my sister and mom assured me that I still looked good. I can't do it yet. I cried...my mom cried...my sister cried...and later my mom said that she was really proud of me because not a lot of people would have the courage to do what I did. I don't know about that, but...maybe. I guess I feel better now that it's done...I was getting kind of tired and grumpy the closer we got to the appointment.

So, I guess that's the big news for today.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it is done! I cried too. I agree with mom you are brave and not many people would do that either, and it is ok if you never want to look at your shaved head in the mirror some people never do, that is not who you are or who you want to look like. You have shown so much strength I just am so lucky to be your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO look beautiful! You ARE beautiful! I know you can't see it right now but I can and could! Your beauty exudes through your eyes, smile, and face. It felt so good this weekend just to be in your presence. I was touched to be able to be with you when you got your hair done. You are strong and always have been. I wish you realized your strength! The show was wonderful and I am just so proud of you! I look forward to my visit in March!

    ReplyDelete