Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New stuff...

So, it's been a weekend/week of new stuff, mostly for the apartment!

Yesterday (Tuesday), after sleeping in, Tracie and I went to Costco and a bunch of other places including the North Shore Mall where I bought some tea at Teavana, some make-up to cover up the dark circles around my eyes (thanks a lot, chemo!), and curtains.

Ok, so choosing curtains shouldn't have been so agonizing, but I finally got some pretty grey-purple thermal curtains for the windows behind the sofa...that should hopefully help the draft and the heat and such!

We then watched 'The Duchess' which, while lovely, was kind of depressing. Everyone acted quite well in it.

Today Tracie helped (she mostly did the work) hang said curtains and I need to at some point today or tomorrow get the fixings for some split pea soup since I have a ham bone and such to use.

I also have rehearsal tonight, which will be interesting...I kind of feel blech, but I know I can summon up the energy for rehearsal. I'm actually looking forward to it! I love this music and I can't wait to start working on it. I will be very glad once this 'nausea' chemo part is done. One more treatment!

I'm hoping to go into work tomorrow, at least for part of the day.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of tea did you get from Teavana? I Just got an Oolong tea that I love! I also just got the Duchess from netflix that I need to watch! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started on Pimpernel tonight, right? I'm so thrilled for you! (OK, a little jealous, too - but more thrilled than anything!)

    ReplyDelete