Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lots and lots of water...

I had a massage yesterday which felt GREAT! I asked the social worker at the hospital for a recommendation and she gave me the name of a lady in Belmont. What a fantastic massage! She worked out the knots in my neck and shoulders and we chatted and it was all together a lovely experience! I made sure to drink tons of water (almost 2 liters!) and I left feeling much more MYSELF than I had in a while.

Rehearsal went pretty well...still a few slip-ups which I hope I can look at tonight and tomorrow...and the predicted Snowpocalypse ended up being maybe about 2" in Hyde Park and about 1" in Somerville. Hooray?

Of course, today I woke up and my voice wanted me to go back to bed for the rest of the day. I've since had 3 cups of tea and am almost down with yet another liter of water. I'll go home and steam for a bit as well, I think, just to make sure that it can get back to where it needs to be for tomorrow. I've already planned to take half of the day off so if I need to, I can nap after picking up my mom from the airport.

At least, I REALLY hope that my voice is just tired from singing through the opera two nights in a row! Please, pretty please?!?

My hair is still hurting...and I know more is going to fall out and make me upset when I take my shower this evening. I don't know if I should just go to the salon and shave it or just let it go...I still like having what's left of it even though it's not being seen anymore, but will the shaving make it stop hurting?

I also though about getting some press-on nails (albeit some shorter ones) because my nails aren't very happy right now :(. I've been putting nail strengthener on them, but I don't think it's helped all that much.

At least one of the guys at work told me today that I can 'Really pull off the Gypsy Look' (I gave my head a rest and am wearing a fringed scarf). Yay?

1 comment:

  1. Can't really speak to the shave/no-shave question - although maybe part of the ache is because what's left is getting tugged?
    Mainly, I just have to say that I can definitely picture you rocking the "gypsy look" (provided that's the headscarf gypsy and not Mama Rose or her famous daughter!)

    ReplyDelete