Monday, February 22, 2010

3 Down...5 to go...

...but if you look at it by rounds, then I only have one more to go of this Adriamycin and Cytoxin round! One more round of potential nausea! Yay! So, Millie is apparently no longer my nurse (sad) but Karin (I think she spelled her name that way) is very bubbly and really very nice. I asked about the Decadron and she said that if I didn't want to take it I didn't have to as it was really only being used for anti-nausea and the Compazine should be good if I feel I need that too. Hooray! So I'm going to try doing that this time and see how it goes. It was faster than the last time since apparently my blood work is coming back ok because of the Nulasta.

But to go back some:

My sister Deborah, her boyfriend Bill, and my dad were up this weekend for the show. I met them all at Davis and we went to 'Out of the Blue' for dinner as Deborah and Bill requested seafood. Fine by me! I had the monkfish and it was nummy! We then went back to my house for a short time so they could see it and Dad could drop off his luggage before he (Dad) drove them home so I could rest.

Saturday, dad met Bill and Deborah at Harvard Square so I could sleep in and then they picked me up and we went around Davis (Deborah wanted tea -- took her to Teazone and then Diesel - and then she wanted cupcakes so we got half a dozen from Kickass) before going into Boston so my sister could get stuff with a Northface gift card. My dad wanted to go into Best Buy so I went with him and he announced that since I had a birthday coming up, he wanted to buy me a new TV! A Flatscreen TV!!! We looked to see what they had but he decided he wanted to look at Costco too.
We went back to Davis so my dad could get the credit card he left at the restaurant and got a quick dinner at Whole Foods before we drove down to Hyde Park...which was detailed in the previous post, if I recall.

Sunday, dad and I met Bill and Deborah for breakfast at their hotel and then went to Burdick's so they could get some cocoa. After that, we dropped Deborah and Bill off at the airport and Dad and I went to Costco. We were all set to go when he realized that he didn't have the right kind of card! Oops! So I was able to buy the other stuff we got, but couldn't really handle the TV. So we went across the street to Best Buy and found a better deal on an open box...ended up with a 40" Sony Flat Screen! Wow!!!

Tracie came up for this treatment and she came in that afternoon. We took Dad to the T as he didn't want me to drive him in and walked around some and got dinner at Mr. Crepe. When we came back, we packed up and I stayed up rather late because, well, I didn't want to do another round of chemo. We were even a little late getting to the hospital. But it's over and done...and we went grocery shopping, Tracie cleaned some and made me a ham and we watched 'Enchanted' and 'Labyrinth'.

So far, so good...I've been trying to keep food in my stomach at pretty much all times, and am currently eating Saltines so I can have something in my stomach when I take the compazine and go to bed. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be just fine and I need to remember not to take the decadron, but just take the Emend...maybe the compazine if I feel I need it, but I think it makes me sleepy.

It was REALLY weird not packing any music to learn! I don't get 'Pimpernel' stuff until Wednesday and I haven't played through the Wagner, so...I was sort of at a loss. It's weird! Need to get on that.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear that you're taking care of yourself (and have such good people taking care of you, too)!
    Oh, and in addition to Saltines, don't forget ginger tea! (Those and sleep usually worked best for me.)
    Just in case you didn't hear it today (or don't mind hearing it again): You are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to a happy weekend with family, a great final performance, and a fancy-pants new TV! Let me know if you need me to rearrange any of the connections ;)

    Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete