Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2 down, 6 to go!

I didn't write on Tuesday -- not too much happened. I went to work, my mittens are still lost, and rehearsal went well but I really need to memorize recits. Angeliki came over and spent the night to be my Chemo buddy today.

Today -- We were there by 9am, they took some blood to test, and then we got started. It was kind of slow since I think the nurses were a little understaffed there. I tried studying music for a while and Angeliki talked and decided that we would get lunch and then nap. It took a little longer than it probably should have, but so far so good *knock wood*.

We went to Whole Foods for lunch and I ate a lot! Guess I was hungry even though I had oatmeal and bread before heading out. Note to self: Bring more snacks!

Then we came home and I napped on the sofa (comfy!!) under my snuggie and Jack, and then we went off to rehearsal. It was much better than last time, but I still have to get the last 30 pages down. I'm fairly confident about most of the opera up to that point and we open in a little over a week! Eep! I also found out that the costume company we are renting from is NOT lending us the petticoats. Uhh, say what? You can't use bridal petticoats for this! So I emailed the costumer at Concord Players to see if she had anything we could rent. If not, I'll try Turtle Lane. I checked online, and buying panniers and an 18th Century Petticoat would be more than $300. No thanks. I'm hoping that one of these companies will be able to help out.

No real plans tomorrow or Friday besides sleeping, memorizing, having dinner with Beth and Anya, and eventually doing some envelope stuffing for work.

So, I did find out that the Sunday where I felt all odd and light-headed might not have just been about doing too much on Saturday. It seems that the timeline fits with the steroids from the anti-nausea medications wearing off, so there's a bit of a crash. I will not be driving to rehearsal on Sunday...one of the other cast members will be picking me up, just in case.

So, keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow and Friday and such!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a protein-rich food does a great job of staving off hunger for longer than carbohydrate-based (like oatmeal and bread) one. Try adding eggs to your breakfast.

    Congrats on getting through the second session, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Congrats and 6 more to go!!! Yippeee!!! Will keep my fingers crossed and I totally agree with Taro- even if you want to do like a string cheese and a glass of milk- lactaid- organic- made by organic valley is really yummy.

    ReplyDelete