Monday, February 1, 2010

A busy day...

So, first up was the 'Look Good, Feel Better' session at the hospital where I got to see Sarah again and meet her mom...and three other pretty incredible ladies. The stylist leading the session was a 2 time breast cancer survivor and was really energetic and fun.

First, we got these makeup bags with all these amazing goodies donated from the various cosmetics companies. In my bag, I got:

-A booklet with some cosmetic tips
-A make-up palette of eyeshadow, lip gloss, and blush from Chanel
-An Estee Lauder pressed powder (from Sarah...she didn't want it)
-MAC Glitzy gloss (traded for some blush)
-Mary Kay Cleansing cream
-A Full Size Eucerin lotion
-Avon Botanisource comforting Cream
-Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
-Clinique bronzer
-Jergens shimmer lotion
-Rimmel foundation (also from Sarah who had some at home)
-Clinique Eye color pencil
-American Beauty foundation (which is too dark for me...maybe for the stage)
-Bobbie Brown lipstick
-Aveda lipstick
-Physicians Formula concealer
-Wet n' Wild eyeliner
-Unknown eyeliner
-NYC lipliner

I mean, holy cow!!

They then brought out some wigs for us -- these were all donated and were ours to take if we chose. Most of the ladies found one and the stylist stuck a dark auburn one on me and apparently everyone loved it! Who knew? Red hair?!? So now I have a red wig! ;)

We then got to look through some scarves and crocheted hats that were donated -- I took a couple of scarves too that I thought would be cool.

I think I may have left my mittens there though :(. If not there, then they're at the hospital where the ENT is.

Then, I went to work for about an hour before going to the ENT...saw him, he said he thought that the coughing was from the dust and my Reactive Airways Syndrome kicking in. He did order a chest x-ray though and gave me some Advair. I also asked him about the sore throat and he said that I should just take the herbal stuff that I usually do -- the Honey Loquat Syrup isn't mysterious! There are 5 ingredients, all of them natural and all of them safe. He also said, surprisingly, that he saw very little reflux on my cords, which is a good thing! The Prevacid was also a good idea, but instead of taking it first thing, I was to take it an hour before dinner...which means taking it with me now.

After work, I grabbed a few groceries for later this week and then came home. It was supposed to be a gaming night, but a couple people were of dubious healthiness, so I'm Skyping in.

Tomorrow is a 'normal' day before Chemo #2...I got more popsicles, so I think I'm good.

On an unrelated note, apparently I will be doing my first Wagner role(s)!!!

2 comments:

  1. This actually sounds like a pretty fun day.

    Congrats on the Wagner role(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soo COOL! and by the way.. you're an incredible woman TOO! Congrats on the role as well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete