Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Radiation has begun.

Too bad I won't get Spider-Man or Hulk powers...although come to think of it, I've never been a hug fan of the Hulk. I've always been more of a DC gal, but I don't know if there are any irradiated Superheroes in DC...besides Firestorm and Captain Atom.

Geekery aside, Monday was the 'dry run' for the radiation where they lined me up just right and took x-ray pictures. I also met with the nurses who gave me a list of what skincare things I could and could not use. Yesterday was the official start and I go in, change into a 'johnny' top, go to the room where they make sure I'm all lined up and then wait while these red lights buzz a few times. Then, I'm done. I guess those are the lasers...I'm not allowed to move so I can't really look. Then I change and go on with my day!

Today was a little different in that the machine was being persnickety and they had to postpone my appointment by about 20 minutes. I then had to wait to see the Radiation Oncologist who showed me the x-ray pictures and re-explained what they were doing, looked at my skin, asked about my fatigue (it's morning...what do they want????) and...that's about it!

This will continue every weekday until July 12th barring any interruptions. My regular appointments are at 8:30am so I can then get right to work. I am told to expect a tan/sunburn line and maybe some sensitivity. It's too early to tell, but I'm using approved skin-care things already to try and beat it to the punch.

That's sort of that. I doubt I'll be posting every day with this because...same deal for 6 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad it was not too bad. Glad you feel stubble on your legs. You are great! I love you and I am so proud of you. I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete