Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6 month check-in.

It is six months ago from today that I had my first Ultrasound and Mammogram and the whole snowball began avalanching...or something like that.

I got there at 8am in the hopes that I could be seen earlier (as my appointment was scheduled originally at 1pm). I didn't get out until 10:30am, but that was after the mammogram on the right breast and my usual, daily dose of radiation.

The doctor took me into an ultrasound room to talk to me once they read the mammogram. He said that he didn't want to talk in the hallway where everyone could here. He then went on to say that the calcifications that were there before had remained unchanged...they were still there, but they hadn't changed in the last 6 months and some, of course, were gone with the lumpectomy. He gave me a sheet of paper that said it was 'Probably benign' (he did say that they were pretty certain that it was benign) and that they will look at it again in 6 months.

Hooray! So much better than the 'Abnormal' I got last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment