Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I think I figured something out.

I’m just putting a lot on these auditions because I think I need to prove something to myself in that I can still be hired despite wearing a wig and going through all of this mess.

I'm told I'm singing well. I can coachings when I was out of breath after each aria and I was still told I sounded great...and these people would tell me if I didn't, regardless. I don't feel that I look great, but I look fairly svelte, so that's not too bad.

Thus far, the only thing I've been asked/hired to do while dealing with this has been through people who know what is going on. I'm still waiting to hear back from one other group, but I have to wonder, with those who haven't cast me, if it -is- some sort of 'looks' thing...and if it is, is it because of the wig? Or do they just not want someone who looks like I do in general?

Sometimes I wish I could read minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment