Monday, May 10, 2010

Posting may be spread out a little...

...as I don't think I need to report the radiation stuff every day for the next 6-7 weeks. I have my first appointment to sort of get things set up and all on Friday and then we officially start on the 24th. I also have to go back for more Herceptin on the 17th, but aside from that being a rather busy day, it shouldn't be too bad, I'm hoping. I have an appointment for an Echocardiogram (I will need them every few months) on June 4th.

I'm ready now for my stamina to come back. I won't lie -- this weekend was tough. Friday, I went back to work and then managed to do a show that evening. I don't know how I got out of bed on Saturday to run the errands I needed to run, but I did and managed, without a nap, to do a show that evening. I didn't get to bed that night until around 3am and somehow tried to wake up at 6:15am. I forced myself to go back to sleep until 11:30am or so, but then I had to get up and go to another rehearsal! Talk about a tiring weekend!

I'm ready now, though, for my stamina to start coming back. I know it's going to be gradual and I am VERY happy that it won't take a dive again in another week. I think that it may be like the oncologist said; when my body realizes that it can start healing when I don't get another chemo dose, then things will start coming back. I think it may need to realize that.

Singing the Wagner was tough yesterday. I won't lie. I was exhausted. Part of that was, I think, the weekend, and part was just general fatigue. It's not all that much singing in the grand scheme of things and I think I'll be fine. I also think I'll be fine for 'Don Giovanni' in another month and a half. I just need to get my stamina back.

1 comment: