Thursday, May 6, 2010

The last of the side-effects...

...I hope!

I had some tummy issues all last night/early this morning which was not fun, but I think it was a combo of the chemicals and all the junk I stuffed my face with. I did have Eggs Benedict and it was DELICIOUS!! I can have champagne again, but sushi needs to wait another 6 weeks. Did I say that already?

I've been kind of achy today, but it is so much more tolerable than it was last week with the shot. I'm still not thrilled about it, but I can get through this. It may mean that tomorrow I'm still a little under the weather for the show but I'll be ok. It's the last time, right?

Everyone's been saying that the fatigue from the radiation is going to be killer, but that's actually not what the oncologist said and I prefer to believe her. I know that I'll have a higher energy level going in so the fatigue won't be as bad. I think I'm repeating myself at this point, but maybe I need to just repeat it to myself.

Oh, another side-effect that I've sort of felt over the last two treatments especially is the neuropathy in my fingers and toes. It's just a little tingling in my fingers and toes and it usually goes away...I can definitely feel it when I'm knitting though. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. If the tingling neuropathy becomes annoying, try a warm foot soak. I have a foot soaker that you can borrow that even has bubbles, which are especially nice for getting rid of tingling feet. It doesn't always last, but it does at least temporarily relieve the symptoms most of the time. If it turns from tingly to itchy or crawly, email me, and I'll dig up my old remedies.

    ReplyDelete