Friday, May 14, 2010

Almost time to start glowing in the dark...

Today was my first visit to get set up for the Radiation portion of this trip which is to begin on the 24th. I did briefly see the Radiation Oncologist who was just as cheerful and friendly as before, and talked a bit more with the nurse and technician who were there. I got to put on a 'johnny' and go to a CT Scan room where I got to have a CT scan...which I like much better than a MRI, by the way. After they did what they needed to do, they gave me tattoos.

Yes, tattoos. 4 dots about the size of small freckles. AND THEY HURT!!! I don't know how people can get all those fancy tattoos if those 4 hurt as much as they did!

The Dr. did say that my scar was more faded than many she had seen (I've been using Mederma on it) which was good.

I still feel that I look weird, but I was stopping by a yarn shop last night to look for black yarn and she said (she knows what's going on) that I looked good and that I looked like 'myself' which did surprise me as I don't think that I do yet. It was very nice of her to say so though.

So, next appointment is on the 24th for the 'dress rehearsal' and then the radiation begins the next day at 8:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment