Wednesday, May 12, 2010

So, I feel a little better today...

...because even as depressed as I was yesterday at work (I was fighting tears for a few hours there), I went to practice. It sort of felt like that moment in 'Center Stage' where Donna Murphy is telling Zoe Saldana that (and I'm paraphrasing here, I'm sure) 'Even if nothing is working right, you return here...' [to the ballet barre]. It's going back 'home' so to speak. So I sort of did that in going to practice.

What ultimately cheered me up was the fact that I got through 4 arias and 2 broadway songs without getting tired! It's the first time that has happened in months! Probably since Cosi at least!

So, there is some progress with healing! It may not be physical on the outside, but at least there is evidence that something is going on...something good *knock wood*!!

I also figured out why my wig is bugging me. I don't like having hair in my face so I pull it back. I always have. I usually pull it back behind my ears somehow, but with the wig, I can't because then you see bald patches by my ears and temples. I've tried pulling it back on the sides and on top (in a slight 'Snookie Poof', as Merri called it) and it's ok, but I still don't like these 'Cocker Spaniel' ears hanging down in FRONT of my ears.

I may need to fix it so that I can do the bang-like thing again and wear the hair down because it's just sort of pissing me off. I don't know if a headband would work either, but I may try that too. I don't want to get another wig since it seems like a waste of money at this point. I may try and take apart my Theatrical Wig (it was done up again for 'Pimpernel') and see if I can do anything with that too. I did manage to get the glue off of my MAC eyelashes and just need an eyelash curler to set them right again, I think.

On a cuter note, Chachi woke me up this morning by climbing onto my back and falling asleep with his head on my shoulder. This cat can get into so much trouble, but when he does stuff like that, I just melt! Jack is the same way...he can be a little brat but when he crawls onto me and just purrs until he falls asleep, I can forgive him anything! I'm such a sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment