Friday, April 23, 2010

Show Wig update...

Thank you everyone for your supportive words regarding the Wig Debacle of April, 2010. After talking with my wig buddies and such, I decided that I wasn't going to change wigs with everyone else there...and that I was going to take some of the wig matters into my own hands. When my 'Mob' wig proved to be too large, I just asked the costumer for a needle and thread and took it in. When my 'Ball' wig nearly got knocked off in the Gavotte (yes, Ms. Choreographer...THIS IS HOW THE DANCE IS SPELLED!!!), I asked for another needle and thread and took that wig in. When my 'Wedding/Prisoner' wig got messed up, I asked the wig ladies to please fix it. When the main wig lady asked me about my Mob wig last night and if it was still too big, I just told her 'It was, but I took it in myself'. She seemed surprised but also rather pleased that it was something she didn't have to do.

I have also been invited to help the costumers with other shows when they found out that I knew how to sew. I told them that it would depend on my schedule but I'm usually too busy to volunteer backstage. It was nice though!

It was very interesting last night during the show. I was in my Act II 'Ball' getup, which includes a lovely lavender ballgown, rhinestone dangly earrings, and a tall, curly white wig. I looked in the mirror as I was waiting to help someone with a costume change backstage and just thought, 'Wow. For the first time in months, I feel like I look like myself!' Maybe it was the fake eyelashes or the makeup or the fact that I wasn't really looking at my hair since it was so obviously a wig, but it looked like ME. I felt like I looked pretty for the first time in 4 months. It both felt nice and pretty depressing.

I'll get back there soon though...only one more to go and then my body can start getting back to where it should be. I plan on starting Biotin to help with the hair growth and with luck, I'll have some back before I have to do concerts this summer. I kind of don't want to wear the wig in places without air-conditioning if it's going to be a hot summer although at this point, it's hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment