Thursday, April 22, 2010

Only one more to go!!!

Had the 7th of 8 (or 3rd of 4) treatment on Tuesday (set off a day due to the Patriot's Day holiday here) and my sister, Deborah, was up with me. On Monday we went to Harvard Square, bummed around, and saw a double feature of 'The Dark Crystal' and 'Labyrinth'...my sister is such a trooper as those are NOT her kinds of movies.

Tuesday was interesting...they had trouble drawing blood from my port, but they finally got it...and apparently I am a little anemic and had to go back on the Nulasta to boost my White Blood Cell count again. I had some steak for dinner that night to try and get my red blood count back up too. I have vitamins with iron in them and need to remember to take them. That night we watched TV and hung out...the next morning I took her to the airport and I went back to bed. I also napped in the afternoon and Jack napped with me...all happy and snuggly and purry (as Chachi was in my room napping on my bed at the time).

Rehearsal was interesting...I didn't really feel the exhaustion until towards the end of the show. Waking up this morning was really pretty tough and I hope I can make it through tonight without any added caffeine.

The end is in sight! I wish I didn't have to deal with this port for the next year though...I really hate how it looks and feels.

Adding: Ok. I filled out the FMLA information as best as I could and I had my oncologist do so as well. When she asked what time I would be taking off, I said 'None' as I am using my sick time accrued over the last almost-4 years of taking only a couple of sick days a year. However, the Occupational Nurse then told me that my doctor needed to fill in how much time I would be taking off. I'M NOT TAKING ANY TIME OFF!!! Aside from a couple of appointments in May which may be an hour or so, tops, I will be taking 3 days off on May 3, 4, and 5, and then that's it! I don't need time off for 'treatment and recovery' other than what I've been using for sick time! My boss knows...they haven't had an issue with my schedule and I plan on making my radiation appointments for first thing in the morning so that it won't affect work!

Bleh. Just got off the phone with her and explained that I had only one more treatment left. She then decided not to place me on 'intermittent leave'. Hello...I didn't need it before...I don't need it now. Grrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment