Friday, May 6, 2011

Decided to celebrate quietly...

Yesterday was my 1 year 'End-iversary' in which I had my final chemotherapy treatment. I thought about doing something and saying something, but I decided that if I acknowledged everything, I'd be...well, there would be a lot of that in a 6 month stretch. So I let it pass quietly as I pondered things walking back from the T on my way home from work (I'm trying to drive in less often. It means my commute is over twice as long, but it's greener and it's making me get out and about a little more). I will try to buy a cupcake or two this evening on my way home as it's 'Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer' week and Kickass Cupcakes may (or may not) have their chosen flavor for this in gluten free. I suppose I should probably call. Still, $3 is fine to celebrate this in a small way.

After this, there are no BC milestones until December...aside from my 'every 6 month' checkup and mammogram. It is getting easier to not think about it all though...but it means that other thoughts are coming to the forefront and those are the thoughts that might even be more debilitating (as mentioned in previous posts).

But yay...happy End-iversary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment