Thursday, July 8, 2010

Only two more Radiation Treatments!

And then I'm done!! Hooooorrraaayyy!!!

There is going to be a celebratory party at Firefly's in Framingham (235 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA) at 6pm on Sunday, July 18th. If I haven't already tagged you on Facebook, consider yourself invited (only please RSVP so I can make reservations).

The issue with the voice recorder may have been worked out. I had some people listen to it and they thought that the recording was TOO CLOSE!! So the documentation for it LIED!!! I recorded Tuesday's Longwood Concert from the balcony and I like it so much better! I don't even need to add in reverb. So that's a relief!

I had my last appointment with my Radiation Oncologist (until June 2011) on Wednesday and we were talking about what will happen next and all sorts of things. She looked through my notes and said (I'm paraphrasing some of this):

'We don't like to use the term 'cured' because, well, we never know what might happen down the road. But you should consider yourself cured.'

I think I almost lost it right then and there! I did call my mom, dad, and sisters, so I think there's going to be a lot of celebrating going on.

I still have to decide (fairly soonish) where I want to go on a Dad-sponsored vacation with him and my sisters. One sister wants the beach/someplace warm. The other sister wants snow-activites, but not in a place we've been before. I don't really know what I want! I'd love to go skiing because I don't often get to go, but the idea of going someplace warmer in January/February is also very appealing. So many choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment