Thursday, March 11, 2010

Having a cold and dealing with chemo = NOT FUN!

As if it's not bad enough that I already feel tired and achy and don't want to eat...I now have a cold on top of it. No fever...at least, nothing more than .3 degrees, so I don't have to worry about that. I just don't like the re-emergence of the Cough from Hell and a stuffed up nose and head. I'm rather glad I don't have to be doing any singing until this weekend (and even that's just in sing-along mode).

On another note, the kitten, Sparrow, who I wanted to meet, has been adopted. Yay for her...sad for me. I have since asked about Harrison but haven't heard back. They have another kitten, but she's out in the Amherst adoption center and I think that's too far for me to go.

If Harrison doesn't work out, I'm going to go to the Animal Rescue League of Boston, where I got Jack, as they had about 3 or 4 cats (between 6 months and a year) that looked promising. I'm kind of hoping to bring a cat home the weekend of the 20th since I know I'll be around for at least three days to keep an eye out on things. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. There's an adoption day at a local pet store on the 20th and I figured I'd see if they would be bringing any of the kittens by. I'm still waiting for a response to my email.

I just hope I can kick this cold by this weekend...I have way too much to do!


On another note, I am really happy that my family is getting a chance to meet some of my friends up here. I know that they worry for me and it makes me feel great when they see what fantastic folks I have around me.

3 comments:

  1. maybe I should have stayed home...:( I am sorry if I gave you the cold.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be sorry! I had such a nice time with you! I'll get over the cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good so did I. I am glad I got to meet your friends. They are all very nice. Donuts were yummy too! I was sad to leave... still a little sad...miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete